Monday, June 25, 2007

Sad Ending

Do you ever have one of those day's that seem to be moving along as usual, thinking you are accomplishing so much, feeling pretty good about the day's events and in a split second.....something happens to change all that? That was my day today. I went with a friend to her Dr. appointment, created some very cute cards for my upcoming Stampin' Up! open house, did a little gardening. All was fine. Then I stopped over to my friends to show her this cute project I just completed. As I was headed home (only 8-10 blocks), I was driving along through the subdivision and all of a sudden out of the corner of my eye a tiny kitten comes running into the road. I swerved and quickly looked in my mirror, and there she laid struggling to get up! She was so tiny, I never heard her hit the tire or feel the impact. I backed up and took one look and pretty much lost it! I went to one house and knocked and no one answered. I noticed at the house next door there were cats on the porch. So I went and knocked. I asked the lady if she had any kittens. She told me there were strays, that she fed. When I told her what happened I really started to cry. I felt so bad for the poor little thing. She assured me that it wasn't my fault, the kitten was blind...well that did not really make me feel any better, but the nice lady said that she and her husband would take care of it. I apologized and cried my way home. It was just so sad to see it bouncing along and then so quickly, it was over! The poor little kitten not only was homeless and blind, then had to loose the remaining eight lives it had! I just prayed that she didn't suffer too much. I am sure she is in a better place along with all of our other pets we have lost through the years.

1 comment:

Tya said...

Well at least you showed compassion for it. I ran over a squirrel and kept on going.