Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Beautiful Sunny Summer Days

Today is another pretty day of sun. The sky is so clear and the temps are in the high 70's. It could stay like this all summer. Perfect day to work in the garden, sit on the porch swing with a glass of iced tea and enjoy the sounds of summer - Birds singing, neighbor kids playing, people out enjoying the sun. The smells are so unique during the summer months - sweet flowers in bloom, fresh mowed lawns, b.b.q. grills cooking, and the air. There is something new and clean about summer air, even in the city! The sights of summer - kids playing outside, riding their bikes; 0flowers in bloom, birds playing tag from branch to branch, then snacking at the birdfeeders and off to play in the bird bath; neighbors taking walks and working in their yards and gardens.
Only two more days at work and I can enjoy my quiet mornings on the porch swing as I plan my daily activities and "to do's"! I look forward to tending to my flower beds. I hope to accomplish some sorting and purging of items that I no longer need or want!
But most of all I look forward to spending time with my Mom (age88). She returns from Floriday today, for a very short 3 month stay in Michgian! We have some fun times planned while she is home.

No comments: