Friday, June 8, 2007

Hello All

O.K. dd reminded me that I am way behind on my blog. I have been busy with end-of-the-year activities at work. Helped to hold a retirement party this past Monday. The irony is that I am replacing the gal that is retiring. I seem to do that at each building. Some of my co-workers are referring to me as the "retirement replacement".
Since I will be heading off to camp with my grandsons in a couple weeks, I have been trying to walk on the tread-mill, daily. Well, o.k. every couple of days. Did get my heart rate to where I am suppose to burn some of those callories. I just don't want to get killed trying to ride a bike around Machinaw Island! So I am hoping this will help get me in some sort of shape, beside round!
On Tuesday I drove my bf to the airport to pick up her ds and his gf. They are chefs that work for catering companies throughout the country. They spent the past ten day in Charleston, SC working the LPGA. They had a great time and it was quite the learning experience for a couple in their 20's on their first long distance assignment.
Been trying to wrap things up at work. This time of year we are cleaning, packing and purging. Plus I have been getting things ready to move to my new location next school year. I am pretty excited and nervous. I know it will be a challenge, as they always are, but I believe I am up for it. My boss it very happy that I agreed to make the change.
MY GARDEN....I have been trying to get a little time in there each day. I have seven perennial flower beds plus I always plant annuals in pots, old chairs, old boots....whatever I can find. I have a very hard time passing a garden center without stopping and looking and buying. It is so great when I pull into the drive and see the beauty and it also gives me some joy to think that I had a tiny bit to do with it! I rely on my Lord to bring the beauty out of what I plant. I add a little fertilizer, water, and tlc....then leave the rest up to God. He is so dependable!
Tonight I have the pleasure of being one of the photographers for my oldest grandson's 8Th grade dance. My bf and I were recruited to take snap shots when the kids arrive at the dance. My dd called to tell me that my gs (age 13) has a DATE for this dance. So of course I will be sure to get some extra shots!
I am looking forward to a quiet weekend. Nothing pressing on the schedule. I may get some gardening done. I must get some laundry done. I should do some sorting. I would LOVE to just scrapbook. I know I better get my feet on that tread-mill!

No comments: