Sunday, June 17, 2007

Ready for the ROAD!

Well, the van is loaded. Camping trip #5 with my wonderful grandsons! I hope that I remembered everything. If not, we will do without or go shopping! This year I am doing a project that I hope the boys will like. I lifted the idea from a family mag. I created a travel scavenger hunt. There are clues and questions about the different places we will visit and see. Like - " a steel structure that connects the upper and lower peninsula of Michigan"= The Mackinaw Bridge; a horse; swimming in a Great Lake; a very long clue that tells them we will be crossing the 45Th parallel ( I plan to stop so they can get that photo). Anyway, I bought each of them a disposable camera and they can take photos of the scavenger hunt finds PLUS any other photos. When we come back, they can put them in a mini "paper-bag" album. I do have the supplies packed to make them, if we have some inclement weather.
The forecast looks pretty good. Hot and sunny, maybe a thunder shower, that we could definitely use! So I tossed in the rain ponchos.
Planning to spend a day at Mackinaw Island. A very unique place, no motor vehicles aloud! Transportation is by foot, bike or horseback! I hope to get the boys to go horseback riding on the island. I am sure they will have me riding a bike!
Each year we visit a different state park. This time we are venturing north of the bridge to the Upper Peninsula. Camping just below the Mackinaw Bridge along the edge of Lake Huron. I am sure I will come back with stories of our adventures!

No comments: