Sunday, July 8, 2007

There's No Place Like Home.....I have been on the road for almost a month. Oh, I was home a couple days here and there, but it IS good to be home again for a while. I spent a few days camping with my grandson's in June, then took my mom for a "Girls Only" trip for a few days. We traveled to the west side of the state to Grand Rapids. My dd was in the area while her son's attended Hockey Camp. We spent one day at the Fred Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park. Oh, what a beautiful place. It was so nice, and very relaxing. We road a tram and enjoyed a great tour of the many sculptures throughout the gardens. There is a children's garden that was fun AND educational. The many flowers and plants were just amazing. The next day we stepped back a couple decades while visiting the Gerald Ford Presidential Museum. Of course Mom and I lived it and remember so much of the events leading up to his becoming president. My dd was only a couple years old at the time.
I was home two nights then off for a week-end of scrapbooking with some great friends. It has become a tradition to stay at the same retreat each year around my birthday. One friend has a son who is a chef. He always comes and does all our cooking. How cool is That? Of course the food is great....and soooooo much of it. I think I gained 10 pounds is three days! I finally returned home this evening. After unloading all my 'stuff', starting some laundry and going through the mail....I am ready to call it a day! It will be nice to sleep in a bit and have a quiet day tomorrow.

No comments: